Following the firestorm

As the news broke about Cote De Pablo's decision to not continue with NCIS the maelstrom that followed was beyond bizarre and questions the mental state of fans.  On the social networking sites fans clamoured they were no longer going to watch NCIS okay that’s fine can understand that but to lose sleep over it and blame the rest of the cast and crew?  Not cool.  To start petitions to get the actress to stay?  Why?  As I posted to one twit on Twitter-good idea force someone to be on a show they don’t want to be.  I can see the resentment for the fans building on that one (I was never one for starting petitions for shows and stuff like that).  I don’t plan on doing it for Mark Harmon when it comes time for him to move on either.  I will be sad that changes happen and I hope I don’t lose sleep over it but I will get over it.

Fans are also discussing who should replace Cote for the rest of the season.  Some are hoping for just the three man team with Abby in labbeville.   Some have suggested Hallee Hirsh or Paget Brewster from Criminal Minds but she has a job at least I think she still does.

There is one thing i am really uncomfortable with and that is the reasons the fans are giving for Cote’s Departure.  Some are suggesting that she wants to start a family now because of her age.  I know its their opinion and all but its presumptuous to think that an actress will necessarily leave a show to start a family.  Yes i realize  that two other women from the show left for family reasons but that doesn’t necessarily mean that every actress will leave a very good job to have a family.  They do continue working even the long hours and have families.  They may have their hours adjusted to fit the schedules but really?   

I am very interested in what Mark Harmon will say about this and how he feels about it.  On the other hand he has always been promoting the show and the cast.  He has never spoken of really personal things so there is a safe bet it won’t happen.

The official mailing list on Yahoo for the show has sent warning that attacks will not be tolerated and members will be banned for making them.  I had posted a question confirming if one of the articles was true they didn’t approve it but they did answer me privately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Week in NCIS World

What's been happening