With the New Season


With the new season of NCIS just a couple of weeks away I thought it would be nice to post one of my rare posts.

If you have noticed I haven’t been posting much this past year about the show and the cast and crew or the fandom. You would have to be living under a rock not to know there has been more unrest in the fandom and some of the message boards.

Ever since it was announced by David McCallum that Michael Weatherly was leaving and subsequent news reports, and news items, about the final episodes and about his new show.  It was becoming clear to many that there was some bad blood between MW and MH.  I don’t know if there was it could be hype but it upsets me at some of the countless accusations being thrown around.

A part of me doesn’t want to believe them just like there were some other suggestions or innuendo about MH and the women co-stars over the years.  Again it could be very well malicious speculation from fans who don’t like the actor.  I also know he may not be as clean cut as I and many others imagine.

I am not laying blame at one person’s feet.  If there is any blame.  Some of the behaviors of MW left a bad taste in my mouth.  Comments he made about the show and of course his DUI which he has taken care of by now.  I also blame anyone who is on set and leaking BS to the press or media whether or not is its warranted or not.

Now that MW has a new show he is currently working on I hope and wish him all the best.  It is a big responsibility to be a star of the show and I hope he is up to the task.  Just don’t forget where you came from.

I am never sure if it is a good thing or not to bad mouth your previous employment situation (especially in the entertainment field) or not.  Is it really the fan’s right to know what happens on the sets of movies or TV shows or anything of that nature?  It might be the right of the producers, directors, and executives of the industry but is it the same for fans?

Now the new cast mates.  I have no problems with two of them but Vilma?  I barely watched that 70’s show when it was on but he just gave me the creeps in the interviews he gave at San Diego Comic Con.  Of course I read some of the “gossip about him” and not sure if it is true so before I let my own fears and prejudices occur I will wait and see.  I hope it works out.

Anyway, I plan on watching the show this season and next. Until it no longer entertains me no matter how strong the loyalty to the cast is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Week in NCIS World

What's been happening