This week in NCIS fandom



I am just clearing out a whole bunch of emails that were alerts to recent discussions on episodes (the ones for last night are just beginning to filter in now).  As usual the views and reviews are mixed for the latest episode.  I wasn’t able to watch it all last night and started to this morning but have other things to do first.

TBH last week’s episode was stupid and corny.  I was pretty much in the minority on that one.  I really was annoyed by Abby’s behavior and was waiting for Gibbs to smack her one hard.  I can understand how the fans and probably non-fans of Tony feel when he is written as really bad comic relief.  I don’t like when any of the characters are written as shtick.  It’s stupid and insulting to not only the characters, actors but the fans and viewers.

 TV Fanatic site has a review of last night’s episode.  There were a number of things going on and it felt like we were dropped into the middle of one case that we had no preparation on.  It was noticeable here but it may have happened a lot in the past.  It was great to see Jay Acovone in the episode.  I discovered last night he was in Amati Girls with Mark Harmon.  The first I think I heard of him was back on Beauty and the Beast in the 90’s.

Some of the discussions that continue to go on among other things are how the writers should write the show.  When I broached this subject with my brother who became a new fan this past year he says “they are going to tell the writers how to write?  Who get paid more than them?  He was a little incredulous as well as annoyed with me for even entertaining thoughts on this.  He also thinks I spend way too much time in the fandom. 

There was a great interview with David McCallum about NCIS.  He even expressed concern for Sean Murray and his weight loss.  After he said it he said something along the lines of “forget I said that”.  As it is the whole weight loss/weight gain comes up at least once a week now on the forums.

People seem to think that Season 11 will be the final season and continue to speculate how the show could end.  May be it is but I will be surprised either way.  However, if the show continues to drive away the viewers or long time fans they may not have a choice.  Only time will tell.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Week in NCIS World

What's been happening