This Week in NCIS Fandom A rant

I was really apprehensive about watching Tuesday’s episode of the show.  This and the subsequent episodes could make or break ncis in fans for this and next year.  I know that almost every week there will be mixed reactions to the episodes.  I remember when I wrote in August last year that I wasn’t particularly happy with the last half of season 9.  

There was one email from a thread on the yahoo group that really annoyed the hell out of me.  it was responding to two previous why they watch it and this is what “Vicky” writes:

I do feel it would be morally irresponsible for me to not speak up when the show chooses to employ an abusive story line as entertainment. The problematic message Ziva's ongoing treatment of Tony sends is extremely worrisome. To not speak out is to give credence to it. Love should never hurt and one strike, one hurtful word, one purposefully cruel act intended to cause harm is one too many. While I love Tony!Whump as much as the next Core4 fan, I much prefer it occur at the hands of the felons they're chasing and not his alleged love interest, who treats him like dirt when she's not making moon-eyes at him.


My hope is that NCIS get back on track and recapture the magic. It never will if we don't speak up and speak out about what works for us and what absolutely does not. Thanks to our overworked mods, we have a vehicle to discuss the good, the bad, and the very very ugly.

It absolutely floored me (and I suspect it won’t be approved) and I had to write:

Who the hell do you think you speaking for the rest of us.?  This is unbelievably outrageous.  You don’t speak for the majority and you should only speak on your behalf..It is incredibly presumptuous to think you should speak for anyone else.  I really find that abusive of you.
Where the hell do these people think they can speak for the entire fandom?  It sounds like to me that “You have to agree to what the rest of us want” well no i don’t.  As I wrote to “Lillian”  who had commented that if one is unhappy  it's okay to express but not ad nauseum.  

I received a warning for offensive material and i need to snip..   THey allow some of the most offensive crap on that list and then have the gall to threaten me?  To have me banned?  Uh oh. I think its time that the entire CBS PR department and internet section gets a long and loud complaint. . I am so flippin tired of people who think they can control how others see a show or what should be in the show.  If I hear one more “I want my show to go back to the way it was before (fill in the blank) I may hurl.

OH and I did give it another try.  Whether or not it is approved is another story.

Seleya Although I agree some story lines are not good and I haven’t always liked them but when you say what works for us or doesn’t work for us.  It sounds like you are speaking for the entire fandom or viewing audience.  Would it not be better to say “for yourself” I have a really hard time when anyone says “I think I speak for the viewing audience or  x,y & Z”.  I would certainly not presume to speak for anyone but myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Week in NCIS World

What's been happening