I watched a very interesting program recently

 

I was watching PBS like I usually do and they rebroadcast a very interesting program.  It was Remembering Leonard Nimoy.  He was the talented actor who brought Star Trek’s Spock to Life.  This program was produced by his Daughter and covered his life from Boston to California and his career.  It also focused on his battle with COPD.   I learned a lot about his personal life and more importantly how he dealt with COPD and how it affected his life.  This program also explained what COPD is and all the medical views of it.   I found it to be very interesting.

I saw the latest NCIS episode.  I can’t say it blew my socks off but it was good.   I like seeing how the character Gibbs is dealing with suspension and pretty much think that if they do have him retire it won’t be pretty.  As usual the fandom that I could see had mixed reactions like they usually do.  I still don’t understand why people who don’t watch it anymore, don’t like it anymore, or never liked it all are compelled to comment on any of it on any platform! 

I managed to join a FB group on the latest addition to the L& O franchise. It’s called The Law & Order Organized Crime Addicts.   I don’t comment often and I only saw the intro episode and a little of the first episode.  I am thinking I won’t be on it much longer.   I don’t watch it regularly.

The entertainment world lost some incredibly talented People recently.  The first one that comes to mind is Johnny Crawford.  He was the actor who was in The Rifleman TV Series that ran from 1958 to 1963.  I didn’t start watching it until many years later on Western Saturday afternoons on a cable channel or local channel.  I was reminded in the various write ups that he was one of the Original Mickey Mouse club kids.  I would see Mr. Crawford on a lot of other shows I watched over the years.  In the last several years he suffered with dementia.

Actress Billie Hayes who I remember from the 70’s as on Saturday Morning Kids Shows passed away in April.  She was also on the Soap Opera General Hospital.  Long time GH cast member Tristan Rogers paid tribute to her in a recent tweet.  (Yeah TR is back on GH I noticed).  I digress Billie Hayes was 96 when she died.

Last but not least Olympia Dukakis passed away.  The first time I had seen her work was Moonstruck with Cher.   I loved her role in Steel Magnolias and watch it every time it’s on.   She was the relative of Presidential Hopeful Michael Dukakis.  I read that she was on a number of shows I watched over the years.  I plan on seeing them when they air again.  She was in failing health in the last few years.  She was 89 years old.

I have been watching some really great where are they now cast videos of TV shows I watched over the years.  It’s very interesting.  Most recently saw stuff on Happy Days.  It was great to learn behind the scenes stories and where the cast is now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's been happening